Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Get to school early on Wed.

I know, it's been FOREVER since I updated my blog. Somehow, life just happens and blog posts don't. But it's been a good day and there are some things that I thought were worth sharing.

First, if you have school age kids, get up and get to school a little early tomorrow, typically you want to be there 30 minutes before the bell rings. WHY you ask? It's "Meet You At The Pole" day. All across the country, students and those who care for and about them will gather around the flag pole for a time of prayer for our schools. Think about the ripple effect that could happen because Christ followers gatherered together in a show of unity, support and PRAYER for our schools.

So, on to what else is happening in my life. It's been a busy fall and I can't believe that October is almost here. YIKES! The kids are doing well in school and Rick and I are keeping busy.

But I know you are really wondering if I'm doing any scrapping these days. The answer is yes. The anniversary crop at Dee's was a great event with Vicki Boutin. It's amazing how many techniques she can cram in one class and that's right up my alley. I'm still designing for Dee's store so that keeps me creating and I've taken on some card challenges lately.

After I finished up my volunteer time at the kids school, I headed to the store for a few hours today. Rebecca , Ines and Renee have been doing sketch challenges the last couple weeks so I joined in. Today's sketch was from Creative Scrappers. You can see it here: http://creativescrappers.blogspot.com/
The added bonus was I used the sketch and knocked out my Cheap Date LO for the store this week. BONUS!!! But that meant I had to leave it and since I didn't take my camera with me, you'll have to wait to see my work.

Hope all is well with my friends and family scattered across this great nation. Remember, I'll meet you at the pole in the morning. God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you took a picture @ "meet you at the pole" this morning! What a great LO that would be.
    I only wish our school would do this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have they told you that you CAN'T do it? The school does not sponsor it in ANY way. We have an active Children's Ministry network with lots of churches and they work to get the info to students and parents and it is student led. We did have some staff come out and join us. The Christian radio station gives it lots of play time the day before and everyone calls in and gives reports on the radio. You could make it happen at your school-even if you and your kids just gathered and prayed. There are still lots of schools where there are just one or two kids gathering.

    ReplyDelete